How do I know if I can be a successful eLearner?
If you can answer "yes" to ALL of the following questions, online distance learning may work for you! If you answer "no" to two or more questions, try to improve those areas prior to attempting online courses.
- Can I set a personal schedule and complete assigned work by the required dates?
- Can I set aside a minimum of four (4) hours a day to complete my assignments?
- Are my writing and communication skills average or better?
- Can I solve problems and work through difficulties independently?
- Can I read and follow detailed instructions on my own?
- Am I comfortable using the Internet as a means of communication and research?
- Do I own or have access to a computer with Internet access and email?
What happens if I do not complete my assignments?
Remember, you signed a master agreement pledging to complete a minimum of six (6) Online lessons per day, thirty (30) lessons per week equivalent to four credits per attendance month. In addition you were assigned other courses offline which may have included fine arts, vocational education, community service, and or project based learning.
If you do not complete the required assignments a warning letter is sent home stating that you are being placed on academic probation. If you are under the age of 18 you will be required to come to the center daily until all lessons are made up. If you are (18 or older) you will be asked to find another placement to make room for students on the waiting list.
Remember - "You can do this!!
Minimum 6 (six) Lessons per day - 30 lessons per week - 30 credits per semester
Who do I call if I have questions?
You have been assigned to a teacher/facilitator who monitors your work on a daily basis. Your teacher checks to see that the minimum number of lessons, projects, quizzes, and tests are completed daily.
When you have questions concerning your assignments you may contact your teacher by email, phone or the messaging system built into the online program. For instant help you may also call the eScholar Academy Learning Center and a staff member will be glad to help you. The learning centers are open daily Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Contact us at 530-527-0188.